Thursday, November 27, 2014

Hard to believe

I don't understand something........why do people fake a child's ASD diagnosis (or any other dx for that matter)? I would happily give up my life with Sammy for a day if they could truly experience all the bad that goes with ASD and epilepsy. A day where a meltdown precedes a cycle of 7-10 seizures (complete with loss of bladder control), stimming with voice and body, refusal to eat anything but chips or cheese sticks, and a call from the bathroom to come wipe his rear end.
Don't get me wrong, I love my child the way he is. I'm weird in that I take heart in the matter that at nine years old he still needs me to help him get dressed, that he wants to snuggle with me at night, and that he tells me I'm the best mom ever because I let him have a grilled cheese when the family is eating spaghetti.
2014 has been a hellatious year for my family. If I wasn't living it, I'd say it was all a lie. There are days when I *wish* it was a lie. That I could just tell everyone "just kidding" and move on from it all. From continuing to reel from the loss of my dad in October 2013 to losing my grandma in September 2014, from a rare cancer diagnosis to several hospitalizations for a new epilepsy diagnosis, it's just been super hard. (financially, my life is a disaster)
I just don't understand why someone would lie about it when the people living it wish it wasn't true.

No comments:

Post a Comment